Subject: Re: coda ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/1999 01:36:58
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> has anyone played with coda lately? any experiences?
> (Please CC: me, I'm not on current-users)

I cvs'd 5.3.1. I figured since it's incompatable with all previous
versions, none of which are supposed to run on mac68k anyway, might as
well start there. I built "coda" and installed the client on both
i386-1.4.1+ and mac68k-1.4.1+. I'm running a custom mac68k kernel with
filesystem CODA and pseudo-device vcoda.

On i386, venus runs and seems to connect to the testserver, although I
still can't see any files under /coda. Perhaps there's still something
else to do, like specify a root volume?

On mac68k, venus won't start. I get an error: "venus: can't open
/dev/cfs0... maybe another venus is running?". The venus-setup script
did create cfs0, and there is not another venus running.