Subject: Re: coda ?
To: Ron Roskens <roskens@Elfin.Net>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/1999 12:37:23
According to Ron Roskens:

>I had it setup on a 1.4 i386 box. I had installed the 5.2.6 version. It
>worked on the machine for a little while, then panic'ed the box. I've
>never figured out how to debug a kernel, so I never found out what caused
>the panic.

OK, that gives me a bit more hope than I had before.

>Coda wants to have atleast 3 dedicated partitions for itself. ( RVM
>log, RVM data, and coda fs data). CCD is your friend at this point. 8)

I just whacked those in the file system.  Perhaps that is what I did
wrong.

>The user/admin manual is at
>http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual.html

Yeah - I followed that but I never got my laptop to find the coda
server running on my home machine.  I have made some changes that may
mean it will work (i.e. changing my network around) so I will try a
bit harder with it now.