Subject: Re: coda ?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Ron Roskens <roskens@Elfin.Net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1999 21:53:47
I had it setup on a 1.4 i386 box. I had installed the 5.2.6 version. It
worked on the machine for a little while, then panic'ed the box. I've
never figured out how to debug a kernel, so I never found out what caused
the panic.

Coda wants to have atleast 3 dedicated partitions for itself. ( RVM
log, RVM data, and coda fs data). CCD is your friend at this point. 8)

The user/admin manual is at
http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual.html

When it asks for a RVM size, select one from the list. Otherwise you will
need to create the RVM manually.

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Brett Lymn wrote:

> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 12:01:00 +0930 (CST)
> From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
> To: hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de
> Cc: current-users@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: coda ?
>
> According to Hubert Feyrer:
> >
> >has anyone played with coda lately? any experiences?
> >(Please CC: me, I'm not on current-users)
> >

> I have it compiled but have yet to get it working.  Mind you, I never
> had it working before :-(  But I suspect that had more to do with the
> name of my machine being bound to the ppp interface not the ethernet
> interface which confused coda somewhat.  I have changed things around
> and I will be fiddling with this again.  Has anyone got any good hints
> on how to get coda working?  I cannot try binding to the coda server
> over the internet as suggested because I live behind a firewall.
>
> --
> Brett Lymn, Computer Systems Administrator, British Aerospace Australia

Ron