Subject: Re: WWW kernel compile facility...
To: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/04/1999 22:37:31
On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 08:46:26PM +0100, David Forbes wrote:
> ...a couple of times in recent history one person or another has said:

> Is there anyone on this list who is able (or knows someone who would be
> able) to take this machine an give it an ethernet connection, at a
> reasonable cost?  At this stage I'm prepared to pay reasonable costs,
> personally, and meet all usage/security restrictions. (The machine has no
> software installed that it doesn't need.)

Well, drop me a line. Our server still has quite some spare cycles and
bandwidth as you can see here:

http://www.vermicelli.pasta.cs.uit.no/stats/

I think hosting your service is no problem as long as it doesn't
affect the performance of the other services to much. (The anoncvs
mirror needs a lot of disk I/O). Does you script have machinery to
limit the max. amount of simultenous compile jobs?  Does it serialize
them, or... Otherwise, the script can run on our server, while
the compile jobs run on my home machine (24h unlimited 1-3Mbs
--depending on the weather-- Microwave connectivity). Both run
NetBSD more or less current...

Feico.