Subject: dodgy bootblocks
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/1999 22:28:58
I posted l think it was last week sometime to port-i386 something along the
lines of what does

booting wd0a:netbsd - starting in 0
read header
boot: wd0a:netbsd: Unknown error: code 0

do for you. I thought I had just messed up the complicated partitioning
problem in that case. However, now I have a simple case of entire small disk
given over to NetBSD. The problem is with bootblocks built on 21 September 1999.
Replacing them with bootblocks from the 6 September 1999 snapshot fixed it.
The strange thing is that the 21 Sep bootblocks came off an install floppy
I made then which obviously was able to boot => OK from floppy, bad from
ide disk.

Cheers,

Patrick