Subject: Re: More `tlp' driver updates
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 10/01/1999 22:51:09
Hi,

About how far down on your todo-list for the tlp driver is support for
2114[23]?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to get a 21143-based cardbus
card working, and as I see it I've three options 1) fix the de driver
so it can attach to !pci, 2) fix tlp to work with 21143, 3) wait for
you to do 2. The last option sounds like the least amount of work (for
me), and I think that I'll only attempt 2) if I think that I do it in
reasonable amount of time. 1) sounds just boring.

How much extra code do you need to get 2114[23] based cards working?
Is the media specific goo (that's totally missing right now) enough,
or are there more dragons to slay?

This is what I get so far:

tlp0 at cardbus0 dev 0 function 0: DECchip 21143 Ethernet, pass 4.1
tlp0: interrupting at (null)
tlp0: Ethernet address 00:a0:0c:90:42:d8
tlp0: 21142 SIA block
tlp0: 21142 SIA block
tlp0: 21143 SYM block
tlp0: 21143 SYM block