Subject: Portal file system...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/1999 01:51:35
Hi,

I seem to run into kern/5960, i.e. my NFS mounts hang after some time.
I filed a followup PR on it. Now, I'm desparate for a (short-time)
solution and was wondering whether I could get rid of these NFS mounts
by use the portal file system instead. The NFS-mounts in question
mount anonymous ftp-dirs from one server (ipv4-only) to the ftp
dir of another (dualstack). I understand I should be able to replace
this with a portal mount. My question is how experimental is the
portal filesystem. I saw CVS checkin's for it some time ago. May I
assume that these updates have taken the portal filesystem somewhat
out of the experimental stage? Please advise...

Feico Dillema.