Subject: Re: A plea for CVS sanity...
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/27/1999 10:53:39
According to Erik Bertelsen:

>Just to add something to the picture, you can rsync the cvs repository, e.g.:
>
>     rsync -z --delete -r rsync://ftp.netbsd.org/anoncvs NetBSD-CVS/
>

>This is not cvsup, but as has already been mentioned, cvsup is not available for
>all relevant hardware platforms.

And to add one more - CTM which allows you to receive updates via
email.  I remember that a while ago TNF was not supporting this
because of some concerns about diffs going out without copyright.  Can
we not put in place something akin to the patch distribution that has
a rider about the copyright of the file to be patched applies to the
patch or something?  I have used the unofficial CTM service for years
now and found it to be very robust, reliable and simple to use.  Is it
time that TNF made the service official?