Subject: Re: A plea for CVS sanity...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1999 18:22:35
On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 09:53:58AM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
>
> > This is not cvsup, but as has already been mentioned, cvsup is not available for
> > all relevant hardware platforms.
>
> There's absolutely nothing stopping Adam from using that to set up a
> cvsup mirror, or any kind of mirror he wants. The discussion Laine
> referred to was about *TNF* providing a cvsup mirror, or least DNS
> for same.

We're willing to setup such a server here in Norway. I just set up an
anoncvs mirror, which has not been publicly announced yet as I'm still
in the process of moving hardware around (although it's up most of the
time now). If you're desperate, check out:

http://www.pasta.cs.uit.no/Pasta/virtual.html

About the CVSup server, I'm willing to set it up but as I have limited
time it would speed things up considerably if somebody made pkgsrc
entries for CVSup and Modula-III. Or if somebody who has set up such
a server on NetBSD before could get me jump-started, just start sending
email to me. (Oh, and if somebody could add IPv6 support to CVSup at
the same time that would be rather nice ;-} ). Note that our server
is accessible over both IPv4 and IPv6, and that we'd really like to
generate some IPv6 traffic to it. Hint hint!

regards,

Feico.