Subject: Re: make changes: breaks make includes?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/26/1999 02:05:06
   On Sep 24, 17:07, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
   > Subject: Re: make changes: breaks make includes?
   >
   > Did you 'make cleandir' before rebuilding make ?
   > As it is brocken, don't expect to recompile files which have changed :)

Yes, I did, but it doesn't help me.

I checked why make doesn't install new header files.  Then,
finally, I found the reason.  Maybe a stupid reason.  The
reason of problem is like this.

 1. Two src directories were created at /usr/src and
    /emul/aout/usr/src.  Mayby, I executed sup at
    /emul/aout/usr/src while I was moving to ELF system but
    working on an aout format shell.
 2. My /usr/local/bin/cmp (maybe the part of GNU diff) is
    compiled as aout format.
 3. Make doesn't install new header files because it
    executes /usr/local/bin/cmp and the cmp compares old
    header files and /usr/include.

So, I removed all of /emul/aout/usr/src and others.  Then,
I'm doing "make build" now.  It seems to be working well.
Thanks for your help.

-- Kazushi
"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile."
		-- Karl Lehenbauer