Subject: Re: A plea for CVS sanity...
To: None <,>
From: Adam Wight <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1999 15:45:16
>> I may be missing something embarrassingly obvious, but it looks like no
>> methods exist for mirroring the actual netbsd cvs tree, only for retrieving
>> arbitrary versions of source files individually.  I probably don't need to
>> explain why this would be wonderful, but I'm wondering if a conscious
>> decision was made to not make the CVS files public.
> What's in then?

Okay, I definitely missed something embarrassingly obvious, but I think I may
still have a toe or two left uneaten... What barriers exist to a cvsup setup?
I'll gladly port the client and server if this is an issue.

Also, the existence of NetBSD-cvs/ should probably be in

Currently the documentation recommends under "Tracking NetBSD-current with CVS"
that the user grab a copy of the source tree, make a CVS repository out of
it, SUP source changes, and then cvs import them.  If there is a way to SUP
the cvs files directly, then it should be added to the documentation.