Subject: A plea for CVS sanity...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Wight <adamw@tulum.brsys.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1999 13:59:26
I may be missing something embarrassingly obvious, but it looks like no methods
exist for mirroring the actual netbsd cvs tree, only for retrieving arbitrary
versions of source files individually.  I probably don't need to explain why
this would be wonderful, but I'm wondering if a conscious decision was made
to not make the CVS files public.

If this seems like a good idea, I propose setting up a cvsup server to make
it all possible, and of course I'll help as much as I can.  For reference,
I've been mirroring the extremely fast-moving FreeBSD tree (~350MB) since
June, and my weekly or bi-weekly syncs (often of thousands of files) never
take longer than about 10 minutes.  It's very cool.

thanks,
adam wight