Subject: Re: make changes: breaks make includes?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1999 02:11:18
These days, I cannot build a userland from scratch because
many of my include files in /usr/src/sys/sys weren't copied
into /usr/include/sys automatically.  I guess the reason why
my new supped header files are not installed is the same as
Manuel's problem.

I thought it will fixed soon, but there is no change after 1
week.  I'm wondering what's going on.  Are somebody working
on it?  Or, does my machine have a problem?

   On Sep 16, 19:41, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
   > Subject: Re: make changes: breaks make includes?
   >
   > Yes. I edited 'sysctl.h' in sys/sys, and run 'make includes' from sys/sys
   > to reinstall it, and nothing happened.
   > By investigating a bit I noticed that the target (cmp -s in this case) was
   > not run because 'make' compared the date of /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h with
   > the one of /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h instead of ./sysctl.h (that is, the
   > target instead of the source).
   >
   > How to repeat: just edit sysctl.h and run 'make includes'.

Thanks,
-- Kazushi
Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today, because if you enjoy
it today you can do it again tomorrow.