Subject: More `tlp' driver updates
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1999 13:00:55
Hi folks...

I've added support for the DECchip 21041 to my new Tulip driver.  If you
want to use this, configure the `tlp' driver into your kernel, and add
"options TLP_MATCH_21041" to your kernel config file.

Here is an example w/ my SMC Etherpower board:

tlp1 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: DECchip 21041 Ethernet, pass 1.1
tlp1: interrupting at kn20aa irq 16
tlp1: Ethernet address 00:00:c0:ae:44:d6
tlp1: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 10base2
tlp1: unknown default media in SROM (0x0800), using 10baseT

Note that "0x0800" is actually "auto-sense"; like with the 21040 support
code, auto-sense is not yet implemented for the 21041.

The 21041 has some limited Nway support when using the twisted pair
connector; it is for negotiating full-duplex with an Nway capable
link partner (e.g. ethernet switch).  I will be working on this, as
well as general auto-sense support for the 21040 and 21041, sometime
soon.  But, I expect "soon" to be *after* I add some basic 21140 support.

I'm also hoping to improve the PNIC support code some more this week, and
writing a manual page for the driver.

I'd like to thank all the people who've sent me success/failure reports
so far; you've been extremely helpful.

That's all for now... have fun!