Subject: trouble w/ some intel 10/100 boards.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/14/1999 06:56:03
I picked up some cheap intel 10/100 PCI boards this weekend at a swap meet.
The errors I get don't sound quite like bad hardware. Happens with 1.4.1
and also current from about a week or two ago. Arch is i386.

  Error #1:

Intel EE Pro 100 10/100 Fast Ethernet (ethernet network, revision 0x03) at pci0 dev 18 function 0 not configured

This is a relatively big board, with an 82556 on it, and lots of other chips:
	1. LSI L5A4242 INTEL 202513-302
	2. PLX Technology F59D 372 PCI 9036C2
	3. Synoptics T2 118-040-B 980 E 5CA1V7W
	4. Intel 82503
	5. AMD 79865JC
	6. AMD 79866AJC
	7. National DP83223

Is this some kind of double-phy implementation or something?
FWIW I have only one of these.

  Error #2:

I get this with both of two boards, small modern-looking buggers with an
82557/82553 chipset. fxp attaches ok, but then ukphy panics in ifmedia_set,
something about 0x20/ffffffff not matching.

According to the hardware web page for mii, the 82553 uses a "iophy" driver
but I can't find that in -current sys/dev/mii (config claims it is an
unknown driver, of course).

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com