Subject: snapshots (was Re: Suggestion for ftp site...)
To: A.M. Raportirenko <ram@sunct1.jinr.dubna.su>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1999 11:20:11
"A.M. Raportirenko" <ram@sunct1.jinr.dubna.su> writes:
> By the way,
> Why to not support the snapshots for current on the week base also?
> Like binutils from `ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/binutils/snapshots'

We'd love to do something like this -- in fact, we've discussed doing
daily builds-- but the problem is twofold:

1) For many of our ports, we can't even manage to complete a build in
   one week. Sun-3's are not exactly speed demons. To do these ports
   properly, we have to have cross compilation working better.
2) Currently, we have a bit of a disk shortage on our FTP site. This
   will probably be corrected.

Perry