Subject: Re: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97
To: Constantine Sapuntzakis <csapuntz@stanford.edu>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/1999 01:03:05
Constantine Sapuntzakis wrote:

> Going forward, then, software sample rate conversion is a must.

So I had a look at how to do sample rate conversion.  Basically all you do
is to form the convolution of the input signal and the sinc function for
each sample you want.  Then you have to make tradeoffs for this
to be computationally feasible, of course.  Even so, you need a fair number
of multiply-adds per sample to produce, I'm afraid.  At least if you
want good quality.

If noone beats me to it, I'll write a general routine for this that can go into
the audio driver.  But don't hold your breath, I've got more things to do.

--

        -- Lennart