Subject: Re: bin/8306: /etc/rc cleans /var/run completely
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1999 08:45:32
In article <NCBBKMPDNDDMCAGNFNDIIEHBCIAA.martin@rumolt.teuto.de>,
	"Martin Husemann" <martin@rumolt.teuto.de> writes:
> OK, must have been a transient problem. Just installed headers & libs from
> todays sup, recompiled Samba from pkgsrc and removed COMPAT_1.4 from the
> kernel again - it still works.

That is what I expected.

> Not that I understand what happened...

At the time when you compiled Samba for the last time the Sys V semaphore
syscall was still supported. After a new syscall was invented the libc
and its headers were changed to use it. So recently compiled programs don't
need the emulation of the old syscall. Old programs however are not
affected by header changes and thus still use it.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                            http://www.sighardstrasse.de/~tron/