Subject: Re: IPv6/v4 host to IPv4 host strangeness
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1999 07:19:14
>  Could you send me (privately if you wish)
>  - /etc/resolv.conf
>  - /etc/nsswitch.conf
>  - /etc/hosts
>  so that I can track your problem down better?  Also, when is "almost
>  -current"?  It looks to be a problem I've tackled in July.

phil (IPv4/v6 host) has -current from the beginning of July (3rd ???) - just
before the ELF change (I was afraid to break my running machine - but
maybe indeed it is time now for the change ...).

lookup file bind

default, except the hosts: line
hosts:          files dns

/etc/hosts               localhost    spade    phil
(plus some other entries related to other hosts)

BTW If I add to the line, the
telnet " non-recoverable failure
in name resolution" gose away and behaves exactly like telnet spade.