Subject: Re: Can AnonCVS be used with ppp connection?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: current-users
Date: 08/31/1999 23:07:05
In article <37CC22ED.AEA67F0E@ms25.url.com.tw>,
	Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw> writes:
> I tried to use SUP to update source by dial-up but it always fail.

You seem to have a serious problem with your PPP setup. "sup" always
worked for me with PPP over a modem, even on a 14400 dialup line
years ago.

I suppose your handshake is not setup properly causing problems on
protocols which send data in both directions at the same time.

> So have any modem user ever used AnonCVS to update source?

I updated my local source tree with "cvs" for about 1.5 years via
PPP on a leased analog line.

> How to use previous SUP's source with AnonCVS?

You can't because the "CVS" directories are missing. Download the
latest tarballs as as start for anonymous CVS.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                            http://www.sighardstrasse.de/~tron/