Subject: Re: SPARCstation 10 1.3.3->current problems...
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/23/1999 10:22:58
Hi Mason,

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> > There's a switch in cgsix.c to turn off rasops on that display card:
> >
> > int cgsix_use_rasterconsole = 1;
> >
> > ...try setting that to 0, and see if it works.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm running 1.3.3 and can't build a -current kernel for the
> beastie. I've never tried cross-compiling anything, but I can do that from
> my i386 box, if it's possible. How likely am I to succeed? <grin>

Cross-compiling ??? You can perfectly compile a NetBSD/sparc 1.4 kernel on
a 1.3.3 release, I've done it myself and it works OK, so just compile!

BTW, I should use a NetBSD/sparc _release_ version, dunno if it's allready
ELF, but sure a lot more stable! i.e.
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-release/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz
and
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-release/tar_files/src/config.tar.gz
.

First compiling and installing `config' (make; make intall) and then
configuring and building the kernel should do the trick,

Cheers,

Reinoud