Subject: ccd question...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/1999 20:42:37
Well, I'm looking at migrating a pair of EIDE disks from one box to another.
Unfortunately, the new box is NetBSD/alpha, and the old box is BSD/OS i386.

I'm wondering if I have *any* chance of getting these to work without
reformatting.  They're currently spliced using the BSD/OS "splice" driver,
which, so far as I can tell, is pretty much like a NetBSD "ccd" driver;
basically, the disks are combined by alternating sets of 256 512-blocks.

My understanding is that all of the BSD family are similar enough that sharing
disks is, in principle, a reasonable thing to expect to do.  I'm just hoping
it works in practice, I don't want to spend 4 hours waiting for a restore.

-s