Subject: Re: kern/6279 (was i386-laptop: HEADS UP!)
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1999 18:02:49
Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de> writes:

> On my Thinkpad 390, I can cause hangs by suspending during heavy
> disk activity.

I don't think the 390 has the same bios/hardware as the 600 (that I
have). The 600 hangs with disabled interrupts independently of the
disk activity. Adding a sleep, as you suggests, makes no difference.

If I add a printf before and after the call to setpowstate, it prints
as it should with interrupts, but only the one before gets printed
without interrupts. If this is because it doesn't get that far, or
because of something else (like broken printf), is unknown to me (and
hard to figure out).

/Johan