Subject: Re: delete and backspace...
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: David Forbes <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1999 10:34:51
> *ALL* PC keyboards I've ever seen, right from the very first original
> IBM-PC klunker, label the bigger key in the top right corner of the main
> group "backspace", and I've never found anyone who always pronounces
> that word as "delete" even though there are an astounding number of

IIRC, there was a series of computers, highly popular on this side of the
Atlantic during most of the 80's which didn't have a backspace key and did
have a DELETE key, located, roughly where backspace is on most PC
keyboards.  There is a generation of people (my parents included) that had
their first introduction to computers on these machines and will always
refer to backspace as DELETE, irrespective of what's on the key.