Subject: Re: submitting a package
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/1999 11:52:13
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Andrew Brown wrote:
> i still have mine from when i bought leather goddesses for the
> apple2e.
>
> speaking of which...is there anything around that can read *those*
> disks?

An Apple //e ;) Apple II 5.25" floppies aren't particularly compatible
with anything... the only thing I can think of is the Apple II emulation
board for the Mac LC. You could plug a special 5.25 drive into one of
those and use it to read Apple II floppies. (I think that's how it
works... I've used such a setup, but it's been quite a while :)

Your best bet is probably to find a working Apple II with a serial card or
some other way of transferring data to another machine (e.g. a 3.5" floppy
drive and a Mac to read the 800K format, a FDHD drive that can write
1.44MB floppies, a SCSI hard drive).

I'm currently using my Apple IIgs as a dumb terminal/serial console for
some of my other machines :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++