Subject: Re: submitting a package (off topic)
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/1999 03:15:35
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 09:27:06AM +0200, Matthias Pfaller wrote:
> > In article <199908122026.PAA09267@guild.plethora.net>,
> > 	seebs@plethora.net writes:
> > >
> > > You can still buy all of them except HHGTTG on a CD from Activision

> Any idea why the ones that aren't available aren't available?  I
> seriously doubt I can read any of my old Commodore-64 floppies to
> get at them...

IIRC, Hitchhiker's was on one "Masterpiece Edition", and there was
another cd which had a partly redundant but more complete selection of
the older games..   seebs must have that one.

I first played HHG on my neighbor's Atari 800. There are emulators for
those old systems in pkgsrc, and there exist DOS programs for reading
those old disks. The atari800 emulator works, but I haven't gotten
around to trying to read any disks on the PC yet.