Subject: Re: usb problems on powermac
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@mediator.uni-c.dk>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1999 17:22:24
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 14 function 0: vendor 0x1106 product 0x3038 (rev. 0x04)

> What I would like (besides getting it to work) is to get a more precise
> identification of the USB controller (no company names on the box) and
> whether or not it is working for someone on an i386 -- which may indicate
> that it is a macppc problem...

While I don't know about the USB problem, you can get compile a kernel
with "options PCIVERBOSE" to include the PCI vendor/product table in the
kernel. The configuration process will then print vendor names and product
names instead of the numbers.

According to the table, vendor 0x1106 is VIA Technologies, and 0x3038 is
the VT83C572 USB Controller.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++