Subject: Re: submitting a package
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1999 15:07:37
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Peter Seebach wrote:

> How do you make and/or submit a package?  I want a non-X-based Infocom
> interpreter.  I can build frotz (using ncurses), but I don't know how to
> take my ability to build frotz and turn it into a package.

Get the pkgtools/url2pkg and pkgtools/pkglint packages. Then, assuming
$URL is the url for the source, type "url2pkg $URL" in a new directory
in pkgsrc (games/frotz?), fill in the blanks, run pkglint, fix,
repeat. Details in /usr/pkgsrc/Packages.txt, the packages(7) man page,
and the docs on the www.netbsd.org. "url2pkg" is pretty new; I'm not
sure how well it's documented. It's just an easy way to get started.

You will need to make a "DEPENDS+=" line in the package Makefile--look
at the other Makefiles for examples.

Sounds pretty cool. I have a couple of Infocom cd's, Mac format, and I
didn't even now frotz existed. It's too bad you can't offer any of the
games for download.