Subject: ccd questions...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1999 12:19:30
So.

I have a couple of EIDE drives.

They have been initialized as a "splice" under BSD/OS.  Unfortunately,
BSD/OS doesn't have very good EIDE drivers, and I'm thinking I'd get better
performance if I put them in a NetBSD box.  (Down side, I'd lose soft
updates.)

The question is, can I configure a ccd that will match a BSD/OS "splice"
well enough to let me just keep using the disks?  I know the FFS should be
compatible, and I'm not using an FDISK table, so *in theory* I would think
this should work.

In theory.

Anyone have any feedback on how likely this would be to work?  I do know
the interleave parameters of the disks as they are now.

-s