Subject: Re: pciide changes & promise pciide support
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1999 21:10:13
On Thu, Aug 12, 1999 at 02:08:04AM +1000, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:05:42 -0700
>     From:        Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
>
>   | Will your new code work with 1.4 or does it need -current?
>
> It certainly seems to compile & run on 1.4 (or at least, 1.4 with KAME added
> in, but I doubt that IPv6 and IDE drivers are going to be affecting each other).

I was about to aserw that it should work in 1.4 'as is', although I didn't
test it ... Thanks !

> That is, I just compiled and booted it on such a system...
>
> NetBSD 1.4 (FUCHSIA) #26: Thu Aug 12 01:48:05 EST 1999
>     kre@fuchsia.cs.mu.OZ.AU:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/FUCHSIA
>
> (lots of blather deleted)
>
> pciide1 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: Promise Ultra DMA/ATA66 Bus Master IDE Accele
> rator
> pciide1: bus-master DMA support present
> pciide1: primary channel configured to native-PCI mode
> pciide1: using irq 11 for native-PCI interrupt
> pciide1: disabling primary channel (no drives)
> pciide1: secondary channel configured to native-PCI mode
> pciide1: disabling secondary channel (no drives)
>
> Unfortunately, as you can see, I have nothing connected to the Promise
> controller yet, so this test of "working" is not all that effective.
> I will move something onto it soon, just as a basic i/o validity test.
>
> You might also notice that this is a Promise Ultra 66, which Manuel didn't
> pretend to support (that's all I have).  For this, I added ...

It should work in Ultra-33 mode, from what I can see from a linux patch,
and the changes to get it running at Ultra-66 are really minor.
I'll try to add support to this.
Thanks for the report !

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>