Subject: Re: gcc 2.95 fails to compile on NetBSD...
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/09/1999 13:09:44
On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 seebs@plethora.net wrote:
> In message <Pine.NEB.4.10.9908091151140.26729-100000@server.int.duh.org>, Todd
> Vierling writes:
> >I don't see why make(1) would cause cc1 to get a SEGV...
>
> Well, at least on alpha recently, make had profiling turned on briefly in
> -current, and a bug was leaving profiling on when it spawned cc...

Oh, is that what it was? I was wondering where all those gmon.out files
were coming from. Why does that cause a SEGV though? (Or is this the
problem mentioned in a recent security advisory?)

BTW, dis anyone mention this on the port-alpha list? I was worried my
hardware had gotten flaky, but reverting to 1.4 cured things. :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++