Subject: Re: strange wi behavior
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/1999 10:48:31
On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 07:40:12PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Hi,
> I played a bit with the new wavelan driver today (I've custom boot floppies,
> and I'm going to install NetBSD from network with wavelan) and I've been
> hit by a strange bug:
> my network is in BSS mode, so I boot, 'wiconfig -i wi0 -p 1' and then
> ifconfig wi0 xxx ....
> Problem: wi0 if marked up, but no irq get allocated. Of course things don't
> work.
> If I ifconfig wi0 and then wiconfig -i wi0 -p 1, an irq is allocated and
> all work perfectly fine.
> Did someone else notice this ?
> Once the laptop is installed I can look into this.

I noticed that sometimes (mostly when I was first playing around with it),
it wouldn't allocated an IRQ the first time I ifconfig-ed it down, then
up again.  It's probably related to what you're seeing, but I haven't
looked (really) to see what's happening.  Once I stabilized my system,
it seems to have gone away, but I (think I) still see it from time to time.

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz