Subject: Re: kern/6279 (was i386-laptop: HEADS UP!)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/1999 01:25:12
hwr@sharky.pilhuhn.de (Heiko W.Rupp) writes:

> This seems to look fine on my HP Omnibook too. I did no long tests
> for now, but the first few produced no hang at all.

I tried it on an old 486 laptop with Phoenix bios, and it seems to
behave about the same with and without disabled interrupts. I know
there was some problem with APM 1.1 (which it claims to support) on
this machine, but I can't remember right now (and I didn't notice
anything not working).

Does anyone have a machine that it doesn't work to have interrupts
enabled on? As far as I can tell, the APM spec doesn't say that you
have to disable them.

John, can you shed some light on this?

/Johan