Subject: Re: 'make depend' vs. 'make prereqs' or something else
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/05/1999 14:43:33
On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 seebs@plethora.net wrote:

: >- using objdirs with OBJMACHINE set in mk.conf
: >- running "make cleandir" from the *top level* before building *anything*
:
: I've been doing the latter, and it mostly works.  Apparently, I needed to
: build in libbfd before I could build binutils in this case.

Ah, ok.  This isn't an easy case to solve, as we don't install all of
libbfd's headers (and really, shouldn't, as it has a bunch of internal
headers that the binutils programs reference).

So, yes, you have to have libbfd built before building anything that depends
on it, and adding a "make prereqs" wouldn't help much here.

--
-- Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com)