Subject: CardBus patches + current
To: 'current-users@netbsd.org' <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/03/1999 17:54:46
I've been trying to get Hayakawa's i386 CardBus patches working with a
-current (08/01/99) kernel, but I think some stuff has changed since he
released his patch. Namely, struct pcic_handle used to have a pcic_softc *sc
member, but it doesn't once I apply the patch. Some of the contents of *sc
are in struct device *ph_parent, but others, like intr_est (used in
/dev/isa/i82365_isasubr.c), are not, and that's got me stumped since those
only live in pcic_softc and I don't see an obvious mechanism for getting at
that, assuming that it is still filled out.

Are the patches far enough behind that I should probably not be trying to
integrate them into my kernel or can someone give me a little background on
what changes have been happening in that area of the code so I can try to
get the patches working?

thanks,
Edwin

----
Compaq Computer Corporation - Corporate Research
Cambridge Research Laboratory
http://www.crl.research.digital.com
(617) 551-7612 (Phone)
(617) 551-7650 (Fax)