Subject: Re: Question about anoncvs service
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1999 16:11:41
On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 02:36:50PM -0500, Dave Huang wrote:
> Cool, NetBSD's got an anoncvs service now... how do I use it? :) More
> specifically, is there an easy way to convert my existing source tree
> (which doesn't have the CVS directories) or the NetBSD 1.4 source .tgzs
> (which do have the CVS dirs) to something that anoncvs is happy with?
> Or should I just rm -rf everything and do a cvs co from scratch?

If you use the .tgz files, you can simply change every Root file in every CVS
directory to contain "anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot" instead of
"cvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot" and away you go...

I suggest you use the -current tar files, if you use the 1.4 ones updating to
the trunk from the branch may be frustrating.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"