Subject: Build problem in crypto-us/lib/libkrb when DESTDIR set
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 07/26/1999 12:15:41
Has anyone else run into this?  I'm not quite sure what the correct way
to fix it is, otherwise I'd send a PR.

The basic situation is, when doing a 'make build' with DESTDIR set,
crypto-us/lib/libkrb can't find the crypt library (-lcrypt) to link
with, because (1) it's not yet installed in the new build area, and (2)
ld is being run with -nostdlib.

It would seem to me that the best way of fixing this would be a variable
in one of the Makefile.inc files somewhere, which the Makefile in
crypto-us/lib/libkrb would use in LDADD.  Something like:

LDADD+= -L$(CRYPTOBJDIR} -lcrypt

...however, I'm not sure where the correct place to set CRYPTOBJDIR would
be.

Any thoughts?

+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz
start to send keepalives after 2 minutes instead of 2 hours, try only 2 times and wait 7 seconds for a reply. Further you could watch the keepalives with tcpdump, and have a look at the tcp statistics ("netstat -p tcp", the 3 "keepalive" items). best regards Matthias