Subject: Broken bpf in -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@magma.del.ufrj.br>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1999 20:39:57
Hello, folks.

I am having problems with bpf applications over PPP.  They appeared
first after I upgraded my i386 boxes to 1.4E ELF, but they're still
around with 1.4G (sources from 1999/07/20).  This problem is most
annoying because it interferes with the ability to define filters
that would properly drive a dial-on-demand configuration with pppd.

As the problems affects both tcpdump and pppd, I thought it could
be in libpcap.  I am not sure, however, that is there, and not in
kernel bpf driver itself, so I decided to post this message before
sending a possibly misleading PR to the wrong group.  I tried to
track it down, but I really lack the time and knowledge.

---
	Pappires