Subject: Re: dns search paths with KAME
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/1999 00:14:50
>>	Search path is implemented, but it is handled like:
>>		AAAA from /etc/hosts
>>		AAAA from DNS
>>		A from /etc/hosts
>>		A from DNS
>>	I dunno if this is the right order, or
>>		AAAA from /etc/hosts
>>		A from /etc/hosts
>>		AAAA from DNS
>>		A from DNS
>>	is the right order.  The latter one is hard to implement at this moment
>>	(getaddrinfo using gethostbyname2 inside), but once we implement
>>	getipnodebyname in libc, we may be able to do the latter.
>any idea how a6 record lookups will impact on this?

	I'm sure it will complicate things:-)  There will be an section in
	A6 internet-draft on how we use AAAA and A6 during transition.

	Personally, I don't believe in A6.  It complicates things too much.
	I think we have too little experience with DNS record types that
	returns partial information against query.

itojun