Subject: How do I write bootblocks and StarOffice info
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Heller <dheller1@rochester.rr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/1999 21:51:09
Hi All

        I just finished installing Linux on a spare drive for use with
the linux emulator package(SuSE5.3). And all that is working well,
including StarOffice 3.1 and Acrobat Reader  however I somehow hosed my
bootblocks on my hard drive (wd0a). How do I write bootblocks on my hard
drive? I heard NOT to use disklablel -B anymore. My kernel is 1.4/i386.
I did have a boot floppy of course.
        By the way StarOffice install script will work correctly with
NetBSD If you extract to a Linux system and Do not run the setup from
Linux. reboot NetBSD copy the extracted files to /usr/opt .... And
modify setup for NetBSD by replacing Linux with NetBSD in the case
statement. After initial install modify your .sd.csh script replacing
Linux in the case statement with NetBSD. Now StarOffice will see all its
libraries etc. Hopefully this StarOffice info will help someone as I
noticed messages in the mailing lists indicating problems with the
install scripts.

Thanks Dave