Subject: Re: README: changes to the build system
To: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
From: Kiril Mitev <kiril@ideaglobal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1999 16:05:09
> On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 10:31:38AM -0500, Jay Maynard wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 11:25:26AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > > You really, really, really should stop talking about things you don't
> > > have facts on. You'll only confuse lots of people. You're wrong about
> > > the regulations, you're wrong about the current legal environment, and
> > > you're pretty much wrong about everything else.
> >
> > Fine. PROVE IT.
>
> To be fair, _neither_ of you has backed up your statements with
> reference material.

 Yada Yada Yada

 1.5 minutes on Yahoo produces this: (it aint MY page, so dont flame
 me is there is anything incorrect there)

 http://cwis.kub.nl/~frw/people/koops/cls-sum.htm

 to see the US specifics, go to:

 http://cwis.kub.nl/~frw/people/koops/cls2.htm#us

Plenty of details and links to the 'real' documents for the curious.

<quote>
United States of America [Sources 1, 2, 4, 5, 7]

1. Export/ import controls

Import
There are no import restrictions on cryptography.
</quote>

there is also a refence to people with laptops :-) (which is where this
thread started, I believe)

The is another issue, though: IMPORTED crypto stuff, once imported, DOES
fall under the export regulations, and cannot be exported back out :-)

HTH to close the thread.

Kiril