Subject: Re: README: changes to the build system
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1999 10:57:06
On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 12:45:30PM -0300, David Maxwell wrote:
> To be fair, _neither_ of you has backed up your statements with
> reference material.

I did explain my reasoning. Perry skipped right over that to flame me. I
feel no guilt in returning fire.

> > I don't mind being shown I'm wrong. I object very strongly to being told to
> > shut up because I don't have all the facts without being pointed to the
> > facts. Who in the precise hell are you to tell me that?
>
> Jay, read that back to yourself as if Perry wrote it to you. You're
> not treating him any better, nor providing pointers to your facts.

I did explain myself. So far, all he's done is tell me to shut up.

> I do however believe Perry's right. France is the only country
> I know of with crypto _import_ restrictions.

I hope he's right. I keep repeating ymself: I'd love to be proven wrong.
There's a difference between being proven wrong and being told to shut up
because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, without any
explanation.

I'm doing the searching now, and if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Perry Metzger
can still go jump in the nearest methane lake for the way he attacked me
instead of my ideas.