Subject: Re: README: changes to the build system
To: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1999 12:45:30
On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 10:31:38AM -0500, Jay Maynard wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 11:25:26AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > You really, really, really should stop talking about things you don't
> > have facts on. You'll only confuse lots of people. You're wrong about
> > the regulations, you're wrong about the current legal environment, and
> > you're pretty much wrong about everything else.
>
> Fine. PROVE IT.

To be fair, _neither_ of you has backed up your statements with
reference material.

> I don't mind being shown I'm wrong. I object very strongly to being told to
> shut up because I don't have all the facts without being pointed to the
> facts. Who in the precise hell are you to tell me that?

Jay, read that back to yourself as if Perry wrote it to you. You're
not treating him any better, nor providing pointers to your facts.

I do however believe Perry's right. France is the only country
I know of with crypto _import_ restrictions.

I'd do a little search, but I'm on a slow connection here.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods