Subject: re: dns search paths with KAME
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1999 16:35:39

   	Search path is implemented, but it is handled like:
   		AAAA from /etc/hosts
   		AAAA from DNS
   		A from /etc/hosts
   		A from DNS
   	I dunno if this is the right order, or
   		AAAA from /etc/hosts
   		A from /etc/hosts
   		AAAA from DNS
   		A from DNS
   	is the right order.  The latter one is hard to implement at this moment
   	(getaddrinfo using gethostbyname2 inside), but once we implement
   	getipnodebyname in libc, we may be able to do the latter.

shouldn't all this depend on /etc/nsswitch.conf ?  ie, if i have 'hosts: files'
then it should *NEVER* ask the dns.... if i have 'hosts: files dns' it should
ask the files for AAAA and A records, and then ask the DNS.. etc.