Subject: Re: README: changes to the build system
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1999 23:28:01
    Jason> You may have noticed my mega-commit yesterday which completely reworks
    Jason> the build system for integrated cryptography support.  These changes
    Jason> are designed to make it easier to support multiple different crypto
    Jason> code bases: one for the USA (crypto-us) and one for the free world
    Jason> (crypto-intl).

  Thank you Jason, this is really cool.

  I would like to make another suggestion that is slightly unrelated to the
build process, but affects the install. I think it would be nice if crypto
in the base system installed in something like /usr/crypto/bin, etc.. perhaps
with symlinks in /usr/bin, etc.
  Why? so that one can do:
	# rm -rf /usr/crypto/bin
	# zzz
	<pass through US customs... connect at hotel>
	# pkg-based-sysinst-install ftp://ftp.fi.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/.../cryptopkg
	#

  I suppose that one could use "pkg-based-sysinst-remove" instead and still
spread things around, but I'd like to have the non-kerberos telnet and ftp,
etc. installed somewhere as well.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [