Subject: Re: Promise Ultra33/66 PCI IDE controllers
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 07/13/1999 13:08:42
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 10:28:51AM +0100, Roger Brooks wrote:
>> Have you looked at the Highpoint HPT366?  I'm contemplating getting an
>> ABIT BP6 motherboard (dual S370, with a HPT366) in the hope that the SMP
>> project will get going.  From what I've gleaned from various newsgroups,
>> the UDMA66 channels don't seem to work under NT either (even with the
>> drivers) :-).
>
>Do you have a pointer to some docs on this ?

There is a website (http://www.highpoint-tech.com).  It doesn't seem
to contain any documentation, although the site-map page does have a
"Technotes" bullet-point which isn't a hypertext link (I tried the obvious,
but it didn't work).  There don't seem to be any drivers for UDMA66
either.  Maybe ABIT are shipping boards with the things on before the
drivers have been written!  AFAIK the BP6 provides two UDMA33 channels
AND two UDMA66 channels.

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |