Subject: Re: kern/7939 ulpt crashing...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/1999 00:19:40
In article <19990710003615.A20388@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>,
Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>Hello...
>
>As it seems to me that my PR didn't get mailed to the list (though it is
>in the database), I just wanted to mention it here again, because it is
>important for me. If it got posted and someone is even looking at it,
>then I am sorry for the noise...

I think that our USB guru is on vacation, so it might take a couple
of weeks to fix that.

From a cursory look, it looks like the device probes correctly,
then dissappears and the detaching/closing code has a problem
because the pipe passed is null.  If you compile the kernel with
DIAGNOSTIC, the panic should go away. If you want to help us track
down the problem, compile in your kernel with options DDB, and
options USB_DEBUG, boot with -d, then in ddb set the variables
uhcidebug and ohcidebug to 1, then continue, and report the messages
printed.

>BTW: Is there a general solution to packages that don't compile any more
>with the ELF system? Something I can do to get it compiling again? (Except
>filing PRs without fixes. I'd rather send them with fixes if possible.)
>Notable are KDE, postgresql and gqmpg.

We are fixing them as we find them. If you send PR's for them
together with the errors we can probably fix them faster because
some of us don't have the disk space to compile everything.

>And thanks for the good work until now. Upto now most serious problems I
>encountered were produced by me, but solved with help from the NetBSD
>community. It seems NetBSD is a good product, as my cousin is just trying
>again to use NetBSD after giving up with Linux and a double Windoze
>installation ;-)

Thanks for using NetBSD...

christos