Subject: Problems with vr (D-Link DFE 530TX)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1999 19:42:05
After some heavy usage (udp-nfs) my D-Link card refuses to send
anything, I get lots of:

/netbsd: vr0: transmit underrun
/netbsd: vr0: transmit aborted

Using tcpdump on another machine and watching the blinken lights at my
hub I can see no frames coming out of the NIC; receiving works still fine.

During recompilation of X11 (xsrc is imported via nfs) the
problems apeared at exactly the same position twice so I doubt
it's a hardware problem. The NIC has operated OK ~2 weeks before,
but maybe I haven't done so much with NFS as I do now.

This is with 10BaseT (100TX was planned) if it matters, the NIC is
detected by the kernel as:
vr0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: VIA VT3043 (Rhine) 10/100 Ethernet Ethernet
vr0: interrupting at irq 9
vr0: Ethernet address: 00:80:c8:fb:62:c9
ukphy0 at vr0 phy 8: Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface
ukphy0: OUI 0x006040, model 0x0000, rev. 0
ukphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

(BTW: There's no vr(4) manpage)

Any ideas?
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.