Subject: re: Remote printing and CR
To: D'Arcy" "J.M. <darcy@druid.druid.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 07/08/1999 11:13:12
   I am having problems going to a HP Laserjet 5Si MX network printer.  It
   acts like an ordinary lpd type printer except it won't add a CR to newline
   so I am trying to add a filter to add them in.  Problem is that lpd won't
   run a filter for remote printers.  Since I can't muck around on the HP,
   can someone suggest the magic I need to add the CR in?

i had this exact problem myself.  and a bunch of others (with lpd).  i'm
currently sitting on a bunch of changes to improve the reliability and
stability of lpd, as well as a couple of features.  one allows local
filters for remote printers, another adds an option to `lpf' to do this
filtering (add CR) .  i can provide a patch (against 1.4, though i'm
currently running it on 1.3 -- haven't finished updating :-) if you'd
like to test it.  i'm planning on commiting the changes when i have
finished with the some of the reliability aspects i've working on.