Subject: Re: USB audio?
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1999 15:47:35
On Wed, Jul 07, 1999 at 12:42:28PM -0600, Chris Jones wrote:
> Does anybody know the status of the uaudio driver?  I remember it was
> in the tree for a while, then it disappeared, but the man pages are
> still around.  I'm asking because I've got some speakers that claim to
> fit the USB class 1 audio thingy.  They're available for loan, if
> somebody's willing to write a driver for them.  :)

I'm curious about this too.  Many of the better USB speakers are actually
outboard DACs of very good quality -- excellent quality compared to what's
on most sound cards -- and avoid a lot of noise problems by not being
physically in the computer.  And they're cheap, too!  Often you can use
them with whatever speakers you wish.